Thursday, April 24, 2003

Stress. SARS is stressing me out. People are messaging me to talk about it. I had an hour long conversation today with Von, the harbinger of everlasting doom, which made me feel rather glum. Not that I've been the happiest person in Dixieland for a while now, but you know. Glummer. Whatever.

I'm not going to be musical director next year. I guess the group wanted different people in charge. The entire committee has changed. I suppose it's just as well...the position this year brought me a lot of stress and very little joy. I suspect it's Americans. They really are a different breed. It's amazing how culture can rip your lungs out and leave you gurgling and choking like a fish drying up on the shore.

I just read that last paragraph and realized how incoherent it is.

Went outside to find boxes. From the dumpster. Boxes are on sale for $4.99 a piece at the Duke store. It's a rip-off.

So much to pack and 5 days to do it in. At least I found really cheap storage this year which is a godsend because I'm broke. Seriously. If not for my job I'd be so, so out of money right now. There are just so many tiny, hidden, day-to-day expenses. I hate non-money. I hate it when credit card bills arrive and you're like: ohmygoddidireallyspendsomuchmoney and you did.

Food:
Leftovers

Music:
As - George Michael and Mary J. Blige. Felt like listening to it again. Few years old but still good.

No comments: