Thursday, November 06, 2003

Or...back right now, seeing as I have internet access.

I very nearly overslept this morning after going to bed in the wee hours of last night. Was rescued by my roommate pottering around and yanking me into consciousness. Set the record for fastest time going from sound asleep to overdrive. Luckily, was not too late, and still managed to meet my ride (a friend) going to the airport. After all that, my flight here was delayed by an hour and a half, but you know what they say Delta stands for (Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport).

Navigated the subways and met Von at about 2 in the afternoon. He is thriving, as always. Grabbed a bite to eat and then went to have a chat with one of his tutor friends who graduated with a PhD in Sociology from LSE, and apparently is the second smartest person in Portugal (or something). Adjourned to Von's grubby little dorm room which is almost the messiest place I've been in this semester (see fall break for the messiest). Had (free) dinner in university cafeteria, discovering that it puts The Marketplace to shame.

Random elements of the day: mint and orange jelly, hypomania, a hip flask, alewife=fish?, nathaniel hawthorne, someone applying to the (duke) nicholas school of the environment, molecular systematics and a lot of people who hate the third matrix movie.

No comments: