Thursday, October 30, 2003

Something exciting! We are in the finals for SoJam, a huge a cappella festival in the Southeast! We sent in an audition tape that we had just randomly made from one of our performances, and they actually picked us as one of the 6 best groups. Now I don't really get excited about things that easily, as you know, but this really is something. The judges include Sean Altman, founder of Rockapella, the big daddy of all modern-day a cappella, and Andrew Chaikin, the best vocal percussionist born on this earth. Which is, like, wow. And whoa. And to top if all off, Da Vinci's Notebook are performing live. It's an absolutely fitting way for me to round off my time in Rhythm and Blue. Without bragging, I feel that the group has come a long way since our freshman year, and I would not be at all surprised if the group became a household name in collegiate a cappella in the next few years.

No comments: