Saturday, October 04, 2003

After a very filling (and very late) dinner last night I declined to write anything. Chow this morning was at an SSA picnic, where Ailian and Shiying had apparently gone crazy with the food-buying. The menu: proscuitto ham, French loaves, pound cake, carrot sticks and about 6 kinds of cheese, spreadable and otherwise. Fancy. People turned up late because of partying the night before, and a lot didn't come because of studying (lousy excuse), but enough: Lipyeow and his wife, Shiyi, Swee San, Shawn, Yaoquan, Rivai, Kelvin, Alfred. Rushed off halfway through the meal to be in time for a concert for P-frosh, which was good, but short. Andrew Wallace's father, the director was there, hearing us for the first time.

First draft of my personal statement is done, thank goodness. It was such a pain to write. I'm getting my recommendations in to professors next week as well as getting GRE scores sent, and then I should be nearly set, except for all the fastidious little details I've forgotten that will no doubt end up taking longer to fix than the "bulk" of the work itself.

Books:
The Horizontal Instrument - Christopher Wilkins

No comments: