Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Dr. Buhusi talked to me for 1.5 hours today to try and discover my motivations for going to grad school.

Me: blah blah blah blah clinical programs blah blah blah good of humanity blah blah blah improving the state of mental health care in singapore blah blah blah passion for research blah blah blah blah blah blah etc.
Him: But are you really sure you want to go?

And then we started talking about how I didn't believe that science was a paradigm which could explain everything and he went on about how if you're a real scientist you wouldn't want to subscribe to philosophical beliefs, and how if you're a psychologist you don't want to depend on the "soul" as the motive force behind behavior and blah blah religious impinging on my personal beliefs fishcakes.

Anyway.

One down and two to go. I rather dread having to ask Dr. McCarthy because he has this stern disapproving way of looking at you even though I know he's very nice. But well, one at a time. Dr. Pelphrey tomorrow.

No comments: