Thursday, October 16, 2003

I have given out my last set of recommendations (to Dr. McCarthy) so I'm home free on that front. Dr. McCarthy is such an enigma -- I know he's a really friendly and approachable person, and yet he has this aura of scholarly impregnability that makes me so anxious every time I have to meet with him. He was so nice about agreeing to write my recs, though, and I'm extremely pleased - he's incredibly influential in the academic world, knows so many other professors, and is certainly going to improve my chances.

GRE score reports are in the mail.

Things have been quiet since fall break otherwise. Went to Ailian's room to profer freeze-dried bak kwa but she was feeling under the weather. Also,could not find anyone to have dinner with so had a rather solitary day. The weekend is here again, though, so I guess I should appreciate the time to chill and be by myself for a while.

Books:
The Book of Illusions - Paul Auster

No comments: