Wednesday, September 20, 2006

i was in the kitchen today chopping vegetables when it suddenly occurred to me that the last time i had done that i was being ordered around by su-lin amidst general chaos. chopping is not usually my job, but i was early to that dinner. my hands had smelled of onions for days after that -- i don't know if this happens to everybody, but no matter how much i wash the odor lingers with extraordinary tenacity. it stayed with me on the plane ride, and only disappeared a day or two after i arrived here, a frail olfactory filament dissipating with exquisite slowness as i made my way around the world.

#31 - Without a doubt, the Internet: for its ridiculous cornucopia of free entertainment, for putting infinite space in a nutshell, for being the enchanted place.

No comments: