Sunday, March 13, 2005

weekends

-- slip away like so much diamond dust through ones fingers - half of mine seem to spent on sunday evening wondering where they've gone to. one problem i've always had is that my want-tos are usually subservient to my have-tos. i need to learn how to live with going to work in unironed trousers, leaving letters unposted and documents unfiled, leaving my room in a mess like any other young person with Better Things to do would.

another thing: i need to force myself to sleep less. i managed it in college so there's no particular reason why i shouldn't be able to survive on 6 hours a night now. given that i spend 3 hours in total traveling back and forth from work, an extra hour every day would mean a lot, even if it was just spent reading. taking more than a week to finish the hemingway was exasperating, and there are so many other things i need to be doing - i haven't written a paragraph in ages, and only seem to get to go for a run at most once a week.

ok. less complaining, more resolve. i cannot allow this job to finish me.

Currently reading: (with apologies to Dax, who has bought me a copy -- I appreciate having it to keep)
Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami

No comments: