Friday, September 19, 2003

I finally managed to persuade Han to accompany me to the new tapas bar on Ninth Street. The concept of tapas is quite delightful to me. The restaurant's name is "Bakus" which puzzled us greatly because we weren't sure if it was a pun, the Spanish spelling of the Greek god, or a mistake.

We had mostly vegetarian stuff (because of Han), and it was fine, a little below my expectations, but worth the visit. The desserts and the sangria were excellent, so I guess that alone made it worthwhile. Question: what is a compote, and how do you make one?

The waitress who served us was the same one who was invited to my psychology class as a guest speaker (to talk about how she applies memory strategies etc. in her job), so it was a bit of an embarrassment that she forgot part of our order and then messed up the check. We didn't call her on it though.

The rest of the day had a lot of fallen branches and cups of coffee in it.

No comments: