Saturday, February 16, 2008

9 exam "strategies" which undergraduate think are smart but in in actuality are just a royal pain in the ass

1) I don't know the answer to this question, so I'll do a question that I do know the answer to instead.

2) I have no idea what I'm talking about, but if I fill the entire page with words in very small handwriting maybe you'll give up and give me some points.

3) I know exactly what I'm talking about, and I'm going to give you the answer to this question as well as reproduce word for word the contents of chapters 1 through 4 of the textbook.

4) If I do both parts of an either/or question, you'll think I'm really smart and hardworking.

5) Instead of writing my answer down from left to right and top to bottom on the page like a normal person, I'll draw arrows and asterisks and hieroglyphics and make you chase my text around like a Saturday night high.

6) Smiley faces and facetious comments will make my grader happy.

7) If I say one thing, and then say the exact opposite, I will surely get some points.

8) Using the lightest pencil in my possession and possibly in the history of the universe will force my grader to concentrate real hard on my script.

9) Complete sentences are for 9th-graders.

No comments: