Thursday, November 17, 2005

Penn

Philadelphia, PA

Ok, so Columbia? That's how you put a university in a city.

Spent most of the morning with JJ in radiology talking about labeling planes and positioning issues in ASL, and trying to sell our new experimental idea to him as a check that we're not being complete morons. He liked it. I hope he wasn't just being polite.

Was brought up to see David Dinges (aka The Man Himself tm WC) at 11, only to be shooed away by his PA because he was already triple-booked for the slot. Rebooked appointment for 2 pm, then cleverly went and bought myself chicken fajitas stuffed to bursting so that I could spill salsa all over my t-shirt.

2 pm: Ultra-brief meeting with DD: TMH, details unpublishable, ask me if curious. Short tour of sleep lab. The rest of the day was round the campus on my own and perched in Starbucks with gingerbread and latte trying to write.

And in the evening there was beer.

No comments: